Monday, January 29, 2007

Introducing - 3000 Miles



I have given you a sneak peak at my spring line. Some available in my Etsy shop and some will be at Made Boutique & Gallery starting Friday Feb 2nd.

3000 Miles is the name of my spring collection.

What many people (in my life now) do not know about me is I have been writing poetry since I was in 2nd grade. I have boxes of journals I have been keeping since grade school. Writing was an important part of growing up for me. I embraced my craft even more when I attended college. I threw myself into every poetry class I could find, signed myself up for any open mic or poetry readings I could and I even got myself published in the literary/arts magazine published by my college two years in a row.

I taught myself to play the guitar in high school and used it as a tool to deliver some of my writings. Although my songs were more about the words than the guitar playing they were my own.

In 1997 I left a long term relationship, packed my bags and boarded a plane for San Francisco on January 1, 1998 by myself. It was the first time I had ever left the comfort of the East Coast. I had left all I had ever known and loved and took a chance. I felt very alone at first and relied on my writings more than ever. I eventually put together a small collection of my poetry for my personal use called 3000 Miles. The title represents the actual distance between where I was living (San Francisco) and where I was from (East Coast) . The words inside represent a greater journey. One which was filled with many moments of heartache, dreams, lost loves, endless searching and finally a happy ending.

I still write everyday. My jewelry design became another important creative outlet for me and it wasn't until recently that I realized how the two are connected. Designing jewelry is another way for my voice to be heard. I use people, places and experiences as inspiration in my jewelry designs. I am realizing it is the driving force behind my designs just as it is in my poetry. This spring I will focus on this discovery. Sharing a bit more of the story of each piece by allowing you to take a peek into my other creative world. So stay tuned for my jewelry from the 3000 Miles collection. I look forward to sharing it with you.

I am a dreamer
a seeker
a dancer in the darkness

I crave endless nights
of secret dreams

I wish for flowers
flooding my doorstep
sweet kisses to silence
my nightly screams

-from 3000 Miles by kacey boone

1 comment:

erinn said...

this is amazing and you are awesome. i feel totally inspired.