
Three pieces of my new collection will be unveiled at the South End Art Hop fashion show Strut on Saturday 9/8 at 3pm.
Purple
recrafted, ecofriendly jewelry
recrafted, ecofriendly jewelry
I have been busy researching beading and jewelry supplies and I have found that some of the resources I had been using were potentially coming from places where workers are paid unfair wages and working in less than desirable environments. I decided it was time I became more eco-friendly with the choices I make in the supplies I buy for my jewelry. Inspired also by the deconstructed movement going on in the indie clothing circles I decided I would like to do the same with jewelry. There are so many wonderful vintage and other lost pieces of jewelry that are just waiting to be found and recrafted into something new.
Purple will be a mixture of recrafted jewelry and new jewelry now made with eco-friendly beads.
No comments:
Post a Comment